The Florida Land and Improvement Corporation was formed in 1881 and registered in Jacksonville, Florida. In 1883 the Consolidated Ice, Refrigerating and Fish Co. purchased the land and built this "Dusk to Dawn" one room house. Workmen came in at dusk and went back to work at dawn. The one room had a fireplace to rest for the night. The fireplace is still intact. By 1924 a second story and more rooms on the ground floor had been added. The house was partially restored in 2000 and was flooded in 2001.
Punta Gorda History Center Historic Buildings and and Site Records
4124 Taylor Road
In January of 1976, Harry Thomas and Virgil Felton presented the messages. An article appeared in the Herald on March 13, 1976 that read: “C...
-
This prairie style home which originally had open porches was built for Edward and Nora Yeager in 1920. Their son E. Burnett Yeager was C...
-
Circa 1920 Over its history, this cottage built in the 1920s has served as the home to many Punta Gorda businesses including early on a f...
-
This lovely historic home was built in 1924 as a manse for the vicar of the First Presbyterian Church, which was originally across the stree...